I never went to Disneyland as a kid, and it was never something I felt
like I was missing out on. We grew up in Iowa and any big trips we did
as a family were usually to see other family around the country. So
when I went a couple years ago for the first time, I loved it, but not
in the way that my husband does. He grew up on Disneyland and the
memories he made there hold a big place in his heart. We walk in those
gates and zoom, he's off to his favorite ride. This time was no
different for him, but it was for me; I finally understood how he felt
about it. And for that, I have my sweet nieces and nephews to thank.
We went with a whole bunch of John's siblings and their kids to
Disneyland last week, and they opened my eyes to the magic of
Disneyland. Their wide eyed gazes and squeals of excitement were so
much fun to be a part of. Sometimes the rides looked a little
intimidating to the little ones, and they held our hands tight and asked
sweet questions like, "You'll sit by me, right? And you'll hold my hand
the whole time?" "Of course! This is going to be so much fun", we'd
reply. We spent most of the day in Disneyland and the evening in
California Adventure and went on rides till we could
barely keep our eyes open. After going with so much of our family and
having such a good time, we've agreed this has to be a yearly
tradition. My gorgeous sister-in-law documented the day so well, with a
ton of candid pictures that we love! So, here's just a "few" to keep ya
happy :)

A little proof that we ate literally everything we could get our hands on; popcorn, cotton candy, bbq skewers, clam chowder soup bowls, corn dogs, dole whips, etc.
These kids KILL me with their cuteness. They were so fun to go on rides with!
A little phone update
John cracking up at family memories
A little hug for my Chloe girl
John's mom Jackie and my sister-in-law Jen having a good time!
Beautiful Steph, the photographer :)
Lovin' on Gavin, such a sweetie
Train ride with the fam
Chloe, all sorts of excited for her first Disneyland trip.
Gorgeous nieces Ashley and Skye; I always tell them I wish I'd had more friends like them in high school! They are amazing!
Taking a ride break with Dylan
Getting ready for Space Mountain! Love that ride
Going down the Matterhorn
John and Dylan leaving the hotel
I love this picture of my sister-in-law Christie and her husband Jason!
Me and John :)
I just love this picture :)
And last but not least, our final ride on Tower of Terror! We are all in the back row :)
I can't wait for us to go back and make this a tradition we include our kids in someday!
Love, Katie


















No comments:
Post a Comment