February 7, 2010

EXCITING!

Today was John and I's 6 month anniversary :).  It's a Sunday so we had a quiet afternoon together at home :)  I made chicken alfredo with bowtie pasta, a ceasar salad and garlic bread for lunch to celebrate.  I am so grateful to have such an amazing husband.  He has taught me so much and I love him more and more with each day.  I know it is so typical of a new wife to say, but he really is absolutely the BEST.  Maybe all of our husbands are though; the best for us.  That's why we married them.  They fit our needs and take care of us the way we individually interpret our needs and how we want to be cared for.  They love us the way we want to be loved.  Sometimes, even though we have only known each other for such a short time, I feel like John knows me better than I know myself.  It solidifies my trust in him and in our marriage, knowing that he wants the best for me and will do anything to make me happy.  In return my love and respect for him grows, and my knowledge of who he is sometimes exceeds his own.  I see his potential and his strength, and hope to motivate him in such a way that all his amazing qualities can be put into action.   He does the same for me.  I have learned that marriage is so much give and take, SO much adaptation and understanding.  Most of all, for me it is to build us both up to a place where we are one with each other and with Heavenly Father, so that when we have children, we can be examples of what they can expect love to be.  This last weekend, John and I experienced our first miscarriage.  We weren't trying to get pregnant and didn't know, so it came as quite a shock to us. While it hurts right now,  we know that when the time comes we will be blessed with a little piece of heaven to love and teach and raise in the gospel of Jesus Christ.


Wives, tell your husband what they mean to you.  Husbands, hug and kiss your wife EVERY DAY.




We are six months in, eternity, here we come :)


Happy Anniversary Love :)


Katie

1 comment:

Nae said...

What a wonderful blog! :) Happy six months to you two!