February 10, 2010

~katie-on top of the world~




dear blog friends,

you may have noticed i put a music player on my site.  I understand that to some of you this may be an annoyance that you quickly scroll down to and shut off, HOWEVER, sometime when you want to listen to something beautiful, come to my page and listen to liz on top of the world. You may recognize it from Pride and Prejudice starring the fantastic Keira Knightley.  Normally, I am all about lyrics and what they can make you feel, the passion in the musicians voice, and that one phrase that makes you think, "wow, this is my LIFE!".  but. There is something to be said about a composer who can make you feel that way with just the outstanding composition of harmonies and melodies flowing perfectly together into some bigger picture that touches every little piece of your heart!!  *sigh* That is what this song does for me.  If I could pick a song to sum up my entire life at this point, this would be it.  I am, in every sense of the phrase, on top of the world.  I am looking forward to this amazing horizon with so many hopes for the future with the glowing sunset of what my life has been warming my back.  The air here is cool with a perfect breeze and my best friend John is with me, holding my hand and sharing my experience with me. 

So,  maybe now you will like my music player, now that I've explained.  I feel like this is where I am sharing my life, and this is the music I would like to set to it. 

Love you all~

Katie Taylor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that movie! Oh, John gave me your guys blog! Thanks! Are you not using the other website anymore?