October 20, 2010

The Delights of Fall

On Sunday night I made Apple Crisp from my Grandma's recipe.  It is truly mouthwatering and something I look forward to making each fall.  I usually wait until this time of year because I get the apple's from Grandma's garden, and I am convinced it will not be as good unless I use those specific apples.  I strongly suggest that if you make this to get apple's from a farmer's market or an orchard, and not the waxy looking one's at the store.  The best way to eat this is to share it with family and friends-exactly what we did and it was so awesome to see the happiness on their faces! 

Grandma Stella's Apple Crisp 




You will need: 
Filling:
6-8, cored, peeled, and sliced (I used 10, I like a little more apple!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:
1 cup butter, cold
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp.  baking powder.


Place peeled, sliced apples evenly in a 9x13 inch pan.  Sprinkle with sugar, salt and cinnamon.  In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients until the butter is equally distributed and all ingredients are mixed.  Mixture should be crumbly.  Crumble the topping over the apples.  Bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whip topping. (It's also delicious all on it's own!) Makes 12 servings. 

Enjoy!

Love, Katie

No comments: