June 23, 2011

Terrible Blogger!

Wow, I think this is the longest I have ever left you guys hanging!  You are still hanging on to the hope of another post from me, aren't you? I'm so sorry.

There are many reasons for my terrible blogging episode but there are two main reasons.  One being that we have long been without internet at our apartment and my thumbs cried in protest at the thought of typing up all my thoughts with my tiny phone keyboard.  And two, until this last week, my life has been FUN, but altogether somewhat uneventful.  But I guess that isn't really a good reason either, is it?  My daily life should be recorded somewhere and I can tell you it's certainly not in a journal at this point.  Part of why I write this blog is because I am no good at keeping written diary.  Maybe because I don't like my handwriting, not to mention that I am left handed and smear every word as I write, leaving me with pen covered hands and my future generations with smudged bad handwriting?  No no no, that simply won't do.  So I guess I do need to be more frequent in my writings here, uneventful or not.



So to update you on life in El Paso, my days usually go something like this:



I wake up at around 8:30 to my cute husband who is usually up already reading his scriptures.  So sweet. :)  I lay around in bed for the next...20....30...hour and a half....or so until my conversation with John moves from the bedroom to the kitchen and we eat breakfast and talk some more.  Morning time is crucial time spent with my husband before he leaves for the day, because it's about all we get!

At 11 John has meetings so this is the time I use to get ready, make some phones calls, run an errand, or probably just lay around the apartment some more.  Yup, I am perfectly aware how good I've got it out here.  Around 12 John comes home and we eat lunch together.  Lately we have been watching Friends every day during this time, there is a cable station that plays a Friends episode every day, IN ORDER.  So awesome.  Then it's time for husband to be off to work, so we say family prayer and he's out the door!

This is probably more realistically the time I start to get ready (It's 1:30 in the afternoon. I am a lazy bum.), blasting some Pandora radio.  I have my online class so after I get ready I will get on my weekly assignments for it to keep up. 

After this I get a HeyTell from my lovely Janae or Trisha!  What's HeyTell, you say?  Just a little walky talky app. Don't worry it's just awesome.  I have had so much fun with this group of girls.  The girls I usually see every day are Janae, Trisha, Tara, and Melissa.  Janae has two kids, Kolbie (2) and McCoy (1) and Tara has Jade (almost 2).  We have been all over the place-we go to the pool, shopping, waterparks, the zoo, the outlet malls, etc.  We go grocery shopping together and hang out pretty much all day.

From 5:00 to 7:00 is the time I head home and have some "me" time.  This is when I will fold laundry, unload the dishwasher, read my scriptures, and watch a t.v. show.  It's nice to have some time to myself every day and get things done around the house.  Then I head over to Janae's and all the girls make a light dinner together.  The rest of the night is hanging out till the boys come home! 

John usually comes home around 9:30 or 10:00 and I make dinner.  I have found a lot of awesome recipes lately that I am trying out!  We been having mongolian beef, homemade taquitos, chicken with pesto cream linguine, roasted vegetable enchiladas, teriyaki chicken and vegetable bowls, etc.  It's been some good eats over here!  I love cooking and eating with John and hearing about his day.  The good thing about having such limited time together is that we appreciate the couple hours we do have together that much more.  After dinner we watch an episode of Law and Order SVU, and go to bed!

That's my day to day! You are probably thinking something like "jeez she's got it easy", and you are right, I totally do.  I realize that this experience is going to be so short lived in comparison to my REAL life, filled with hours of school, studying, eventually an adult job and kids, etc.  and I am really grateful for that, too.  With pretty much the same schedule every day things can get boring!  I look forward to Monday's since that's the day I do most of our laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and homework.  It's nice to get to hang out and be lazy but there is definitely something to be said about the correlation between self worth and accomplishments; the more I accomplish the more I feel good about myself!  So while I am getting this amazing experience and meeting great people and learning new things, I am also learning to appreciate the value of really working hard!

So that's where I am at you guys! Get ready for a blog about our trip to Chicago and my brother's wedding in Milwaukee!  
Love, Katie

1 comment:

Miss said...

Your Summers aways sound like pure bliss! PS- I'm teal green with jealousy over your Wet n Wild season pass!

xoxoxo