August 22, 2011

Lesson's of the Week

I feel like every week I need to be acknowledging the things I am learning about myself, somewhere that I can remember them.  I'm pretty excited, because perhaps there will be a theme in my realizations each week, so we can watch my progress. Hahaha!  Of course some of them will be obvious, but isn't it the simple things in our lives that seem to go unnoticed?  So be expecting a "Lesson's of the Week" from me, probably more than once a week, just to keep my life in perspective. ;)

1. People are not always what they seem, and sometimes, they make you really angry and confused.  That doesn't really matter though, what matters is how you react to those people, how you can change your own heart, and how you can learn from your experiences with them.  I learned this through a difficult experience this week but I am already moving on through having a positive attitude about it. Hooray!  

2. This quote helped me this week: 

"Life often feels like a great pile of obligations, frustrations, and disappointments. But the Lord is there, always the same, His arms still outstretched. When we feel overwhelmed, we have to remember the peace He has spoken to us on previous occasions. His peace brings comfort and strength; the world cannot give that to us." -Kathleen H Hughes

Sometimes I think it's easy for us to rely on our earthly relationships because they are so readily accessible, when it takes real effort on our part to communicate with our Heavenly Father.  We have to be in the right mindset, ready to talk with Him, to learn from Him through scripture and the words of the prophets, and sometimes that's hard to do.  We need to be seeking peace in order to receive it from Him, and that's tough while you are frustrated or weighed down with all you need to do.  But in the end, He is the best place to turn for solace, because He knows us better than we know ourselves, and has the capacity to do it no matter what the circumstance.  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart....In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths" -Proverbs 3: 5-6

3. Forgiving someone does not always mean you jump back on the bandwagon with them.  You don't need friends that treat you badly just to have a bigger list of friends.  Those who truly care about you will stand out, and those who don't will eventually show you their true colors.  Forgive and move on.  

4. Never condemn yourself too soon.  You never know what opportunity is coming right around the corner.  Sometimes, literally, like two seconds later, everything is alright again.  And the longer you wait, the closer you might be to an answer or a solution.  Never give up.  

5. Love really does make the world go round.

 Also, my husband rocks.  Can't wait to have him home this week. :)  



Don't mind. My super awesome roots.  Editing makes them look worse than they really are, plus I have not made a full commitment to a hair stylist yet as mine moved to Colorado :( Help a girl out! hahaha 

Love, Katie 

3 comments:

Alecia Marie said...

Where do you get your strength? Help a girl out! haha :) Love you girl.

Alaina said...

Twix! I tell ya! I love him haha. Plus the Shep Salon experience is pretty fun.

I think you're fabulous, Katie :)

Natelyn said...

I LOVE #3 i really think you hit the nail on the head with that one!