This Friday was the last day of school before spring break and my amazing professors let it be just that-a break! I have absolutely no homework over the next week and I am so happy about it. :) After class got out I went to lunch with my cousin Eliza who was passing through on her way home to Vegas. We went to Zupa's and it was so delicious, even better than the usual and we loved it. After lunch Eliza and I hung out until John was done taking a test and then he and I went to the gym. We decided we wanted to make our date nights something we work for together so we made a goal to go to the gym 3 times each this last week and our reward would be dinner at Red Iguana. We had gone twice and needed to go one more time to reach it! John has been my own personal trainer at the gym and I in turn talked him into going to a spin class and he loved it! So since we met our goal we drove up to Red Iguana and met up with Tate, Sara, Tyler, Kayley and Angenelle (Kayley if you are reading this I totally looked up how to spell her name on facebook because I wanted to include her AND I wanted to spell it right. I'm a nerd, I know). We decided to go to Red Iguana's second location because the wait time at the original was kinda crazy and honestly I think I'll go to the new one every time now! It's bigger, nicer, has free valet parking, and the exact same delicious food. The one sad thing about the new one is the lack of the mariachi band, but I think I'll get over it. We downed the chips and salsa like vacuum cleaners and ate incredible food. I got the tacos Don Ramon and John got the shredded beef chimichanga. SO GOOD. Also our friends are just hilarious and I love them! Also, did you know there is going to be a "taste of red iguana" restaurant at the new mall in Salt Lake? This makes me so happy.
On Saturday we slept in and I lazed around all morning long. It was glorious. When I finally got ready we went to lunch with John's brother Bobby, who came up for the weekend, and John's mission buddy who signed with our office at Vivint. After lunch I went and picked up Bobby's girlfriend Brekyn and we went to get massages! Our manager Otto bought all the wives (and girlfriend's) in the office a full body massage and manicure and pedicure at Seasons salon. How legit is he?! Again, thanks Otto you are awesome! :) I have never had a professional massage before and it was INCREDIBLE. I am pretty sure I need one of those weekly. After that we went home and got ready, and we went to dinner with Bobby, Brekyn, Tate, and Sara at Macaroni Grill. We hadn't been there in a long time and it was so so good. After dinner we walked over to the Wynnsong and saw John Carter. It seriously exceeded my expectations; the plot line is definitely pretty weird but really well executed and entertaining! After the movie we went home and watched a couple episodes of Once Upon a Time. We decided we wanted to check that show out after a couple of recommendations so we've been catching up on Hulu and we love it. It's kind of weird at first and definitely cheesy at times but very addicting. Watch it!
This morning I woke up so exhausted! I couldn't believe my alarm had gone off already and wanted to just sleep through it. But I knew we couldn't miss sacrament meeting so I dragged myself out of bed and showered. When I got out I realized it was daylight savings! It's a good thing our phones just automatically switch over or we would have slept right through the first hour of church. We had fast and testimony meeting because we had stake conference last week, and I was able to bear my testimony. It's been a while since I had last done it and while I was sitting thinking about whether or not what I had to say would really matter, I realized that ANY testimony is one worth telling. I got to go right before the meeting ended and was so grateful for the experience. I love the gospel so much and have felt the love of the Savior in my life. After church we came home and took a nap, and got ready to teach our Sunday school lesson. We teach temple prep but the couple we teach aren't able to attend our meetings so we teach them in their home. It has been such an awesome experience already. I love teaching with my husband; he is so smart and brings the spirit into our home. When we were done at their house, we went to my parent's and had dinner with them and watched a movie. We always have such great conversations when we get together with them. My mom made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are seriously my favorite cookies now!
This next week is going to be relaxing but we've also got some work to do. I am volunteering 14 hours at the Utah Food Bank for one of my classes and I am really excited to have that experience! We are also going to start moving out of our apartment this week. We put our contract on KSL and had it sold in less than 24 hours. Like every year we sell our apartment a little before we go out for the summer and move into my parents house for a few weeks before we leave, so we need to get that going!
That's what we are up to lately! Hope everyone has a great spring break :)
Love, Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment