March 21, 2010

~Live with purpose each day~

I am so excited for my life today.  After a week of reflecting on all the amazing things I've been able to accomplish and the people who have gotten me there, I am beyond motivated!!!   John and I have such an incredible future in store for us and friends and family who have been beyond supportive in all that we do!  Here are some of the people I am grateful for, and the things coming  up that I am so thrilled about!



John is my rock, my best friend, my sanity and everything I could ever ask for in my husband!!! Nothing is too out of reach for us when he gets his mind going.  We are always working together and push each other to reach our goals, and have so much fun together!  Life with him has been such a gift and a blessing.  I can't tell you how much it means to me that we have been sealed in the temple.  Looking back, there is absolutely nothing better than the promise we've made to be together forever. I love him so much and feel his love for me every single day!

Becca has been a life saver for me after all these years, and one of the most self-motivated, confident people I have ever met.  Her strength and dedication to what ever she puts her mind to is incredible and she has been able to remind me of my own.  She has been the most loyal friend I have ever had and has always loved me even when we have been separated by distance and busy schedules.  I couldn't be prouder of where she is going with her life and how much she reminds me to keep going and be hopeful for my own.  

    
ALL OF THESE AMAZING PEOPLE WE CALL FAMILY
Look at that group of amazingly good looking folk!!  John and I have great parents who love us and believe in us, along with extended family who have helped us out more times that we can count!! Their advice and example to us keeps us pressing forward to be the best we can be.  With this kind of heritage we have a lot to live up to and we plan on doing that to the best of our ability!



Siblings: Arianne, Mandy, Brad, Greg, and Maja

A special shout out to my siblings: You have all been examples to me and are part of who I am today.  You were the first best friends I had and still are, and I am so happy that we are all close and living happy lives! I love you! (p.s. I also love Lance, Josh, Alaina, Bella, and Brian.  You guys are amazing in-laws and I am so happy you guys are family.)



IOWA SUMMER 2010!
Iowa will be home for John and I for four and half months!  This picture is of downtown Des Moines, and we will actually be in a different city, but none the less I am so happy!  I grew up in Iowa and to get to go back for a while is going to be heaven!!  John is selling security systems there and I will be working (somewhere!) and we are so stoked.  John is awesome at sales and really believes in the product so I think he'll do great!  I also have many old friends to see and my sister Mandy and her husband Josh live out there! How lucky can we get?! 



haha this photo is little! oh well.
This fall I am finally getting back to school! Woohoo!!!  I want work in the field of nutrition, as my main goal is to be a stay-at-home mom and help raise my kids in a healthy home!   This also has so many job opportunities so that I can get a job if needs be.  I am also looking into getting certified to teach SPIN CLASS.  I fell in love with it and really want to have exercise be a big part of my life and what better way to do that than be an expert at spin!  



~Las Vegas Nevada Temple~
All of this motivation stems from my belief in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I couldn't have the amazing husband, the goals to succeed in school and life, the basic need for friendship and charity that I have in my life without it.  I couldn't be where I am today without the Atonement, and what the Savior has done for me.  It truly is everything.  


What sparked me to write this blog was actually an article in the Ensign called, Becoming a Quality Person Now.  I have been feeling so exhausted and stuck in a rut lately and in it, a woman had similar feelings to mine.  A friend of hers said to her, "What do you think this is? A Dress Rehearsal?  This is your life."  I can't tell you how motivating that feels!!  Then to be able to look at my life in such a positive light and see what I've got and where I'm going is just awesome.  The article goes on to say "Fill your life with service, education, personality development, love for all, and other such meaningful traits.  Live with purpose each day."  This is just what I intend to do.  Live my life with purpose and serve others with all my might, mind, and strength.  To love people even when its hard and love people when its the easiest thing in the world. 

Sorry this is so long, I just had to get all this out!! It is my sincere hope that I can convey how much I appreciate your friendships.  Life is going great!  Sometimes you just need to search it out to remind yourself.


Love, Katie Taylor