August 12, 2010

My fairytale

Once upon a time, two people met and fell in love.


 

Then, on her 20th birthday, the boy asked her to marry him.
And that led to all this:


A year after our marriage, this is us:


a boy

and a girl

  
who love ice cream

 
and holding hands

  
we got watches for our year anniversary.  to symbolize that no matter how much time goes by-a year, or a hundred years-we will always be in love.  

There is something special about love, and time.  Love gets bigger, expands, holds more, excepts more, gives more, is more, than you could have ever imagined.  And over the past year I have felt all of those things.  I never could have imagined the love that I have for my husband today.  It can only be felt, and try to be expressed.  But until you feel it for yourself, with the one you love, you'll never truly know.  I can only imagine the love our life is going to bring-bringing our babies home, holidays with family, making new friends, our first home, travels, and new places.  The important thing being, that John and I will be together, experiencing LIFE together.  I can't wait.

Happy Anniversary John!  I love you forever.

love always, Katie Taylor

2 comments:

Alaina said...

You give me chills! I love this so much; even better, I love that you focus on all the good and great things about love and marriage. I, too, can't wait for all the good things ahead for my little family - I'm happy to see your excited perspective, too. Love you.

John and Katie Taylor said...

Alaina! I just love you and that you are my sister-in-law. In the long run, the good and great things are what I want to remember-there are a lot of hard times and frustrating moments, and I appreciate them because it's what makes the good times SO good! But keeping track of the love and happiness is what's important. You and Brad are an amazing couple and Adrie is adorable and funny and unique and I love it! Can't wait to see you guys next week! Love you!