March 14, 2011

Spring Brings Great Things :)

Yesterday was a perfect Sunday.  As I was stumbling out of bed, my sister Maja shouted from upstairs that it was a gorgeous day outside.  It made me so excited to get ready so I could go be a part of it.  I put on my favorite skirt, with light blue and yellow roses, with a green and cream print, and a cream colored tee.  Spring was reflected in my outfit and I loved it!  Then I picked up Carlie Kennard and we headed to Alecia and Mike's church to see their little boy Milo blessed.  He was so sweet in his white tux and it was so great to see my friend be such a proud mama and wife!  These are the days my friends.  It's so crazy to think of my group of friends in high school, and how we have changed into adults, wives, and mothers.  This is only the beginning! 

After church and Alecia's luncheon I took Carlie home and went to my house.  I took a nice nap on the couch, and I woke up just in time for dinner.  Brad, Alaina, and Adrie came over and we decided to do chalk drawings out on the driveway.  It was just too perfect out to not soak up the sunshine!  When my parents got ready to go to my grandparents house, we loaded up the chalk and ourselves in the car and went to see them.  More chalk drawings were made until the sun started to go down and it got too cold. 

Maja, Me, and Adrie at my parent's house 
Brad and Adrie-such a sweet picture!
 Maja's Abstract Chalk Art-beautiful
Brad's perfect chalk squares + my long toes in the sunlight 
My flowers- to the left is the flower I just always free hand for fun, then a calla lily, then a tulip.

Of course with it being a Sunday I can't forget that my beautiful family and friends, and even the gorgeous day are gifts from Heavenly Father.  I am truly blessed! 
One more week without John, and oh my goodness I hope it goes by fast! I miss him so much.  Luckily for me this week is spring break and after my class tomorrow morning I am taking off to Logan to see my sisters and nieces!  I am so excited to see my girls and meet my little niece Ella.
I am so excited that the nights are brighter, longer, and that the days continue to get warm.  I'll take the rain over the snow!  I love the spring, I love that things come alive again from the dead of winter, including our spirits!  I hope everyone can enjoy the lovely weather and the joy it brings. 
 
Love, Katie

1 comment:

Alaina said...

Love it! Your drawings are gorgeous, and Adrie loved it. Best Aunts ever :)