July 18, 2011

Random Ramblings In My Head.

I just finished doing some homework and am really enjoying listening to some music, letting my mind wander, and the calm that comes with being alone.

I come home in 2 weeks.  Officially!  I bought my plane ticket yesterday.  I am busy wondering how I am going to use up all the food in the pantry so we don't waste any of it, and debating on if it's too early to start packing some stuff up.  I am dreaming about getting away from the excessively hot, dry, windy city of El Paso and back to my green mountains and the familiar taste of home.  I am excited to see friends and family, especially my little nieces and nephew who I love so dearly!  However, I am about to go 4 weeks without my handsome incredible spectacular husband.  Major.Bummer.  I am going to miss him terribly!

I perfected my schedule for this fall.  It's pretty exciting.  Monday Wednesday, Friday schedule.  Classes start at ONE!  I usually put my classes in the morning but this semester it worked out for them to be later and that's that!  No more 6:00 a.m. for this girl, but I'll probably still head to school earlier to make sure I keep up on everything.  This semester could mean big changes for me, and I am sooo happy about it!  More on that later... :)

Yesterday was my favorite day EVER during the summers, Sunday.   I get John all day long!!!  We went to church where one of the speakers gave a GREAT TALK on the Sacrament and the Atonement using the book Believing Christ (which I am reading right now!).  The Spirit was so strong.  I really love and appreciate the simple plan of the Gospel and how attainable our goal is when we truly understand it. After that we went home and watched the Women's World Cup with the Mangum's, which was so fun to watch but ultimately disappointing since Japan won!  I text my bestie MaryKate McLaughlin, a major soccer superstar ;), to tell her I watched and she was so proud haha.  That night we had dinner with all the couples we hang out with here, Janae and Kevin, Trisha and Jared, Tara and Brandon, and Melissa and Daniel.  We made Cafe Rio Pork Salads, and they ROCKED!!!  Everyone brought a different ingredient and it was so good!  It's funny that a salad from a restaurant can create such a huge craving that we just had to have it!  I made my now famous guacamole recipe from barefoot contessa on food network. look it up.  serve with tostito artisan chips. be loved. you will not be sorry.  We ended the night registering me for classes and watched a movie cuddled up in our bed!  It was heaven.

We also saw Harry Potter this weekend.  Absolutely perfect.  Enough said.

John stays the nights on fridays in the town he knocks which is about two hours away.  This weekend I went up to see him so we could see the previously mentioned movie.  The company had us staying in a Motel 6.  A.motel.6.  Oh man.  Haha.  It was better than I thought it was going to be, but I hope that it was a once in a lifetime experience for me.  ;)

I tried Zumba this last week with all the girls in the office, and it was SO much fun.  Needless to say I looked like a skinny little bean pole trying to dance back there but hey, I loved it.  Plus I do have some moves...a couple...maybe? Hahaha.  I was so surprised at how sore my legs were the next day!

Also can I just say how great all my friends down here are?  I love these girls.  I am so happy we all live in Utah County so we can play still!!!!

Life is good.  :)

Love, Katie

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I want to try Zumba, so I'm jealous! And I definitely want to hear how this semester could mean big changes for you. :)