Well friends, I'm finally in Houston.
I am of course finally reunited with my terrific, to die for, handsome, sweet, adoring, lovely, fantastic husband that I have missed so terribly. My attitude towards life just soars when I get to go through it with him. Gosh I just love that guy. I highly recommend to anyone marrying the man or woman of their dreams, it's even better than anyone could ever describe to you! After spending nearly three weeks away from him, I began to recognize that going to bed every night alone is what I did every night for twenty years, and now I can barely stand it! That I used to go home and hang out by myself all the time and now all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with him. Hanging out with girl friends is great and I appreciate their friendship with all my heart, but it's John that I could NOT go with out. He is my best.
No complaints here ;) The humidity is always somewhat surprising after being in dry dry dry Utah, but being born in Iowa and dealing with it most of my life, I think my body recognizes it and knows just what to do; it feels like home! Plus wearing my capri's and short sleeve tee's every day is something to be appreciated after I heard about the snow my lovely Utahns just received...sorry! :(
Our apartment here is seriously just lovely. The kitchen is big which is probably my favorite thing and it's super well taken care of, I'm so sad I don't have any of my decorations! It's a gated community and it's HUGE. Our apartment overlooks a really pretty pond that they keep stocked with fish so people can go fishing! So cool. I need a fishing pole ASAP. It's a really pretty site to wake up to every morning. :) There is also a great white herron out there that I am in love with and have named Sam, because I have no idea if it's a girl or boy. I did see a baby herron out there this morning that I have named Alex so I have a sneaking suspicion it's a Samantha out there. Yeah I know, I'm a dork, and I like that about myself. Don't be too surprised if I write a blog on them. They are seriously so beautiful!
We also live right down the road from a Walmart, Target, grocery store, outdoor shopping mall, and restaurants such as Panera, Chipotle, Five Guys, Pei Wei, Jamba Juice, and a variety of southern chains. Plus the mexican food here is to die for. I am seriously in heaven. Heaven, I tell you.
We are about 20 minutes outside of Houston, where the biggest and most fantastic mall I have ever been to is, the Galleria mall. To say I was intimidated would be a major understatement. We were there for around 4 hours and barely dented the amount of stores they have. Besides your basic every day mall stores they have Tiffany's, Coach, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kohrs, Fendi, Prada, Chanel, Saks Fifth Ave., and about a billion other major designer stores that I wouldn't even dare step into. Haha!
And the food, did I mention the food?! THE FOOD PEOPLE. Oh man. I love it here.
We went to church on Sunday and it just made me love and appreciate the gospel even more. No matter where we are, John and I can go to church and feel right at home. The gospel is the same everywhere! It was fast and testimony meeting, so ward members got up and bore their testimonies of the gospel. It was beautiful, the people here are strong and full of faith. Gotta love it!
So this is going to be my life for the next four months. I am taking a couple of online classes to keep me busy, but for the most part, I have about 10 to 12 hours a day that John is gone working and I am just hanging out! Luckily the wives out here are great and there is so much to do. Life is just beautiful!
Visitors are so welcome. You know you want to!
Love, Katie
5 comments:
Katie.. How could you not mention that your birthday is in a couple of days???
lol beCAUSE I'm probably gonna post about that too! ;)
Are you maybe wanting a little something from Marc Jacobs.. possibly Prada?!?
you are beautiful. your posts are inspriational and so optimistic. reading about your amazing take on life, and what it throws at you reminds how i should live mine! to not take anything for granted, to earn your blessings, to love, and to be happy! so, thank you!
Thank you Katie!!! That seriously makes my day. I love reading your blog and think you are just darling. I am so excited for you and your new life with your soon to be hubby!
Post a Comment