I know it's been a couple weeks since my birthday, but I still wanted to put a little post up about it! As it would turn out I have been awful at taking pictures out here and I don't have ANY from my birthday. Boo. Oh well!
That morning John and I woke up and we opened my presents. I already knew what most of them were, since John likes to take me on a little shopping spree for my birthday. I have to tell you how cute this is because it probably makes me one of the LUCKIEST girls in the world. John absolutely loves shopping for me. He does it in the best way possible too because it takes all the effort out of it for me and I feel like a total princess the whole time. He takes me in a store, grabs a salesperson and tells him or her my sizes and what I like. I look around for the first 10 minutes for things I like before John gets me in a dressing room to try stuff on. The entire time I am in there, he is running around the store picking out stuff for me. I absolutely love it! He knows my taste in clothing so well and always picks things I adore. After that we pick a few different things and put them on hold. We go from store to store like this. Then at the end of it, he goes around to all the stores and picks the outfits he knows I like and the ones he likes the most. Then I get them on my birthday! He does this for Christmas too. Once we returned to a store that we did this at and the sales girl remembered us, calling John "the best husband ever." Trust me, I know how spoiled I am. It seriously means the world to me that John likes to do this, and it makes shopping such a special occasion.
So, I got to see which clothes John picked out and I loved it. My wardrobe needed serious help with summer clothing and I love everything I got. But then John told me I had one more present, and that I needed to go find it. So I went and looked all over the apartment until I found a perfectly wrapped box complete with a big pink bow in a closet I didn't even know existed haha. I opened it and....it was a bottle of some perfume I have wanted since forever! It's called Flower Bomb and it is divine. My dear sweet friend Erin Johnson introduced me to it and I have been vying for it ever since. It was a great surprise!
Then John took me out to breakfast at Panera where I had a Cinnamon Crunch bagel with raspberry cream cheese. *swoon!* It was so delicious. Then John had to go to work. Part of being in the summer sales industry, my husband still needs to work! But my friend Chelsea invited all the wives in the office (Mindi, Hayley, Taiya, and Stacey) to go to lunch and the mall in Houston to celebrate my birthday. It meant so much to me that they would all come! We went to Cheesecake Factory which was amazing as always. I always get the Cajun Chicken Pasta, and it is always way too much food! But that didn't stop us from ordering cheesecake (MANGO LIME CHEESECAKE. OHMYGOODNESS.). Our waitress was even sweet enough to put a candle in it and sing me happy birthday! She had a gorgeous voice and I just loved her. Then we spent 3 hours wandering around the mall and hanging out. Thanks again to all you girls who made my day so much fun!!!
Then that night when John got home we had dinner and birthday cake. Since I was little I have always had a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake and I was not going with out one this year! We had some friends come over to share the cake, and by then I was totally exhausted.
I also have to put a little plug in for the two year anniversary of John and I's engagement! He proposed to me on my 20th birthday, making it even more special to me. I can't believe it's been two years since then. Time travels fast with the love of your life by your side!
The only thing missing from my birthday was all my family and friends back home. It's so weird to not have my mom and dad with me, and even last year I got to hang out with my sister Mandy. I love you guys so much and appreciate the phone calls and gifts you sent! You are all amazing and I am so privileged to have you in my life!
I had a great birthday, and I owe it all to the wonderful people I have been blessed with.
Love, Katie
1 comment:
I hope you love flower bomb as much as I do and I'm glad you had a great birthday!!! :)
Post a Comment