September 11, 2011

on my mind

lesson of the week:how.to.balance.  With school, a job, and my husband's school and job, and trying to have time for family and friends, keeping up on reading my scriptures daily, and trying to eat healthy dinners at home while attempting to get some sleep, I have got some work to do.  Starting tomorrow I am literally scheduling out every.little.detail.  of the things I am obligated to do, so I can fit in the stuff I really want to do.  We recently got some advice before all of this crazy got up in our business, and it was to find balance in our lives.  It has been echoing in my mind all week.  I feel like this is something we will always be striving for as situations and life change on us, but I'm really grateful to know that with the Lord's help, John and I can do anything we put our minds to. :)

 I love John. I love the home and life we are making together.  I've never had more fun with anyone in my entire life.  I love finding love notes around the house, cleaning the kitchen together after dinner, watching Law and Order SVU, studying together in the living room, singing the wrong lyrics to songs, and being a complete dork and not only having my husband accept my dorkiness, but having it be one of his favorite things about me. 

I've been a member of pinterest for like 5 hours, and am already worried about the overwhelming amount of time i am spending on there.  However, it is extremely beneficial and useful.  I am planning my weekly menu from the new recipes I have found on there, AND I am branching out; I suck at making desserts and treats, not like I am bad at it, I just don't.  But now I will make them.  Because of pinterest.  I've also decided I'm going to do a craft of some sort once a week.  The debate this week is between a pallet turned floating shelves for frames OR cute block decorations for my kitchen.  I think I'll start out small with my blocks.  But I am excited! I will have to post pictures :)

I really miss the temple.  We weren't close to one in El Paso and haven't gotten to go since we've been back.  We usually try to go once a week and I can feel the difference since we haven't!  BUT, we are going Tuesday night.  :) :) :) :) :) 

I will be at work and school from 8 o clock in the morning until 8 o clock at night tomorrow.  OH the joy.  :P 

Love you guys :)

Katie

No comments: