Had to post this lesson of the week while it's still fresh. Yes, even at 1 in the morning!
I was about to go to bed but I decided to stay up a little later, and got on the computer to check my email. Lucky for me I had an email from my amazing friend Ann Dibb. If you don't know our story, I'd be more than happy to tell you as it has a big, front running role in my true conversion to the church. So we email every once in a while and let me tell you, emailing someone slips your mind pretty often! But that hasn't hindered how I feel about this woman at all, she is one of my all time favorites!
I think the Lord has inspired Ann to always say just exactly what I need to hear. As my mind has been turned towards my relationships with friends, Ann's email talked about relationships, and that while we don't get to talk very often, our relationship counts regardless.
That's when I realized (lotw!) some of my very dearest friends are the ones that I don't get to see or talk to very often. But the point in that is when we do talk and see each other, it's as if we are right where we left off in our friendship. It's not based on how often we go to lunch, talk on the phone, hanging out with the same people, or what we wear or look like. It's purely based on a mutual love and respect for who the other person truly is, and having taken the time in the first place to find out. That's why friendships like that are able to last; you just get each other, because you take out all the worldly influences that define what a friendship is and find a person beneath all that extra stuff. And when you do that you love them, no matter where life takes you.
I'm really feeling at peace with this whole subject now. I really do have some incredible friends and am so lucky to have them.
okay, bed time now!
love, Katie
1 comment:
I was just thinking yesterday that I missed talking to you on the phone and that I wanted to call you and talk for hours! But then I remembered that even if we don't, whenever we get around to it, it will be picking up right where we left off last phone conversation. :) I am so happy you posted this because it is so true its ridiculous. Friendship is simple, not complicated. There isn't more to it besides pure love and acceptance, with a side of support.
Post a Comment