So what is it for me? I have had times in my life where I feel I had a very strong relationship with my Savior, and especially after times of trial or when I feel I am being tested. I guess right now my life is so laid back, it's easy to forget how much I need Him. Even as I type that thought, I feel terrible about it. Have you ever had a friend or family member that only comes around when they need something from you? Have you ever been so bothered or frustrated by that? I know I have, and that's how I have been with Christ. However, even with how easy my life has been lately, I have felt the absence of that relationship. I have also been known to procrastinate, and like I said in my first post, I am really good at putting things off. I sleep in later, turn on the tv, pin things on pinterest, read anything but my scriptures, and find other things to fill my time. I haven't made my relationship with Christ a priority. That's pretty much my excuse. I just need to get out my own way! How simple is that?
My favorite quote from this chapter said "The invitation (to come and see from the Savior) was always extended. Acceptance was left to the individual." I have always been taught that the Lord never turns away from us. It is always our choice to be involved, or uninvolved. Today I choose to get out of my own way and have a relationship with Christ. My "net" of excuses is cast aside, and I welcome the invitation to "Come and See".
As Alecia did, I would also like to invite my friends and family to do this with me (us!) and to let me know if you do!
-Katie
1 comment:
I am so happy about this! You and your unique circumstances are so different from mine that what stands out to you is different and it opens my eyes to a whole new perspective! I am so stoked you are doing this because I've already been double/triple inspired as opposed to just reading it by myself! Thank you for doing this with me and helping me get even more out of this. It means so much to me!
Post a Comment