Today's journey asked us to consider a time where we had to look to our Savior for strength beyond our own. I immediately think of my journey back to church. Some trials are given to us, and some trials we choose, and in this case, I had definitely chosen my trial. I had gotten myself into a situation where I was further from my spirituality than ever. There was no way for me to come back except to reach out to Christ. I needed Him, desperately. He had already paid the price for what I had done through His Atonement, and all I had to do was ask for His help. There was no earthly way to heal; it could only be a spiritual experience because I was spiritually broken. It was not at all easy; I prayed harder than I ever had in my entire life, I counseled with family members, and was able to make a very valuable friendship with someone I will refer to as a spiritual giant; her guidance meant and still means everything to me. I know the Lord set up that friendship. In every way, in every turn, prayers were answered. I began to feel the spirit prompt me again, and I felt my Savior grow close to me as I allowed Him into my life. I could not have gone through what I did without Him. It's because of this experience that I don't regret my mistakes...there is no way I could have the feelings I do now about the gospel without having to really reach for it. I've learned so much from this experience and it is so precious to me.
Right now, I am going through a trial that I didn't choose, and that I can't really do anything about. It's extremely trying and difficult. After reading this chapter, I know I have to turn this over to the Lord. I know that it's something that will strengthen me, and strengthen my relationship with Him. Even as hard as it is, or as long as it may take, it will be for my good. I just have to have faith in the Lord's timing and his plan for me.
One of my favorite quotes says
“He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Father that you reach your supernal destination. . . . All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan.”
Finally, this reading made me think of this song. It's a great reminder of how our relationship with Christ can be strengthened as we reach for Him through trials and difficult times.
Love, Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment